Our Mercantile clearance sale will go until the end of October. 50-90% discounts on unique gifts, books and ornaments.
Your support means a lot to us, please consider shopping downtown Aberdeen! #AberdeenSD #KeepItLocal #MuseumsHaveGiftShops
The DPM will have a holiday raffle of cozy gift items from The Mercantile, our museum store. #holidayraffle
1) A basket of cool-weather comfort items with a nod to Aberdeen and Brown County history and,
2) A Melissa & Doug 30” T-Rex plush toy with a gift shop gift card.
Raffle tickets can be purc...
Need a date night idea? Stop in at Dacotah Prairie Museum to pick up a downtown scavenger hunt! This little kit is completely self-contained in its own bag, and will provide you with fun entertainment on a beautiful autumn afternoon or evening as you walk around downtown looking for clues. Enjoy ...Read More
Harvest Stroll Sat. Oct. 3 11am - 2pm!
Stop by for fall fall, activity packets, hot cider, cookies, gallery show, photo ops, and holiday raffle.
At your downtown, hometown Dacotah Prairie Museum.
Hours were updated.
(Aberdeen, SD), The Dacotah Prairie Museum (DPM) will offer a “Stroll Around the Block” event to celebrate harvest time in Brown County on Sat. Oct. 3, 11am – 2pm. Staff will be offering a variety of stations placed around our historic 1889 building located at 21 S. Main St..
Enjoy the autumn ai...
It's not too early... to think about Christmas.
Christmas Tree Lane, that is!
Our annual holiday display of trees and wreaths by local service groups, businesses and individuals will go on this year. With a few modifications. Set up will be stretched out so that everyone can come at a scheduled t...
Take an afternoon break and visit the Dacotah Prairie Museum’s latest exhibits!
Sept. hours: Tue-Fri, 1-5pm
Oct. hours: Tue-Fri, 10am-5pm
Laurie Heupel's Photography Exhibit, "It Started with a Brownie" is now on display in the Dacotah Gallery. Laurie is a traveler’s photographer; her landsc...
- J MLoved the Apollo 13 & moon exhibit. Thank you for sharing it. It was awesome. I do enjoy going to this museum and seeing all the other exhibits. Very nice place to visit. Staff are friendly and helpful.
- kat tA friend of mine from Indianapolis joined me on a self-guided tour of the museum. His Summed up our visit by stating “ This is not a museum to display antiques, this is about people! Local people making history and keeping that history alive!” He went on to say “...and the gallery of local artists and their paintings is amazing!” I couldn’t agree more.
- Stacy AMy kids absolutely loved this place!!! Lots of history!!! They have an awesome wild kingdom in there as well!!!